Waimea is a new hop variety that has both aroma and bittering capability, and is the granddaughter of Pacific Jade. It has been described as having intense fresh tangelo, citrus fruit and pine needle characteristics, with little indication given that this is a big alpha type hop. Waimea has a new world flavour, selected originally for its alpha content and quality bitterness but now for its genuine dual purpose capability in delivering of unique fresh crushed citrus aroma and flavour notes. It can be used across a wide array of styles in a variety of brewhouse and dry hopping applications in IPAs or big imperial style lagers.
- Maturity: Mid to Late season
- Yield: Moderate to High
- Growth Habit: Vigorous, clavate frame
- Cone Structure: Long, compact, ovate shape
- Disease Resistance: New Zealand is hop disease free
- Storage Stability: Good (New Zealand Grown)
Write Your Own Review