G40 & G70 Distilling Lid
Transform your G40 or G70 Brewing System into a home distillery. Pair with any compatible distilling equipment* to begin your distilling journey. This lid can also be used as a steam condenser.
Transform your G40 or G70 Brewing System into a reflux still or a pot still and craft all-grain light and dark spirits. The G40 or G70 paired with the Distilling Lid, an Attachment Kit* and the appropriate Still Spirits condenser** offers an all-in-one automated brewing system that can also be used to distill spirits from grain.
The Distilling Lid can also be used as a steam condenser, minimising the collection of moisture on walls and ceilings when brewing indoors (when paired with the appropriate equipment.
*Using the Distilling Lid and one of our attachment kits allows you to attach either a Still Spirits T500 Reflux or T500 Alembic Condenser** to your brewing system:
- If you're looking to create high-quality clean spirits such as vodka or neutral spirits for flavouring or infusing, choose the Distilling Lid + T500 Reflux Condenser Attachment Kit and a Still Spirits T500 Reflux Condenser**
- If you want to craft premium flavourful spirits such as whiskey, bourbon, rum and gin, choose the Distilling Lid + T500 Alembic Condenser Attachment Kit and a Still Spirits T500 Alembic Condenser**
- Sleek, 304-grade stainless steel build
- Includes a standard 4" tri-clamp connection that can be used to connect third-party distilling equipment
- Pressure relief valve for safer distilling
- Can be used as a steam condenser while brewing indoors (when paired with the appropriate equipment)
The G40 & G70 Distilling Lid is designed primarily for small to medium-sized still heads that do not have heavy, off-centre attachments. The lid is reasonably flexible and is sturdy enough to fit a still head that is within the following specifications:
- A still head height up to 1.1 m (3.6 ft) from the lid.
- A still head weight up to 11 kg (24 lbs), including up to 2 kg (4.4 lbs) of off-centre weight from a swan neck, lyne arm, or condenser running in parallel with the column and offset up to 160 mm (6”) to the main column.
We recommend external support if:
- Your still exceeds the above specifications.
- The lyne arm is not vertical but angled or perpendicular running away from the column, resulting in significantly distant off-centre weight.
- If the main still head (column) is noticeably leaning.
Legal Considerations: Distilling at home is legal in New Zealand. Check the laws in your country or state before you get started.
- Distilling Lid
- 2 x Flat Seals
- Lid Seal
- 304 Grade Stainless Steel Construction
- Standard 4” tri-clamp opening (industry standard)
- Pressure relief valve
- Barrel clamp locking mechanism